We don't like this part any more than you do, but our #1 concern is your families safety. A close #2 is making sure you have way too much fun; but #1 is always safety.
Most of the rules you see below are due to actual events. (Yes, really!)
Rental Boat Terms and Conditions of Use:
• All safe boating regulations must be followed including no wake zones.
• Life preservers are required for all children under the age of 6 at all times. (State Law)
• You are personally responsible for any damage to the boats, other boats or other property caused by your violation of safe boating regulations or of Manatee Marine Rentals conditions of use.
• Any and all damage to the equipment that is caused as a result of the lessee’s operation or oversight is the sole responsibility of the lessee.
• No charges will be applied to your card without your knowledge. However, if there is no reponse to our attempst to contact, renter has 72 hours, after initial contact,to dispute damage charges. If no response after 48 hours, charges will be applied to your payment method on file. *A minimum of 3 attempts will be made to discuss damages within 72 hours. (Dispute does not guarantee no charges will be applied.)
• Renter is responsible for being aware of tides, currents and winds. Do not beach boats or allow boats to become beached by falling tides or changing winds.
• Boats are to be returned reasonably clean. (Cleaning fee explained below)
Anyone who may be serving as an operator needs to be identified and to sign the rental agreement and comply with all boating safety requirements. You MAY NOT allow anyone else to use the boat. You are entirely personally responsible for any damage caused to our boat or to other persons or properties.
• In any areas with marked channels always stay between green and red markers. Refer to the provided GPS to determine channel location and approximate water depth.
• If you are ever in less than 3’ of water, go dead slow, this means as slow as the boat will go and still be able to steer. Do not run the boat aground. In the case you do run aground, reverse immediately.
• No pets are allowed on any boats without express permission.
• Prohibited uses: Customers may not use boats for any use not intended by manufacturer or in any manner that is illegal.
• Without limitation, customers shall not use the boat in any of the following manners:
- In any type of race or competitive event
- For any illegal purpose or in an illegal manner
- To carry any type of hazardous or explosive substance
- To carry loads beyond stated capacity
- In a reckless, abusive or negligent manner
-In violation of the terms and conditions of this agreement in any way
- If further use may cause damage to boat or motor (warning light or buzzer on, run aground)
- Outside of approved use area
• No operator shall be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• No grills or grilling on boat
• In no event shall customer sub-lease boat to another person or entity. Customer’s rights under this agreement are non-transferable.
• It is your sole responsibility, as the boat operator and renter, to know and obey the “Rules of the Road”. That means federal and State laws.
• Every Signing Renter must participate in a boat orientation and walkthrough.
• No Manatee Marine Rentals staff has the right to change any of the terms or conditions of this agreement (except an owner when done in writing)
• If any provision of this agreement is found to be void, invalid or unenforceable, such finding shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other part of this agreement.
• This agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein and shall supersede all other agreements, either oral or written, with respect to the same. This agreement is binding upon the heirs, successors and assigns of the parties.
Cancelation and Refund Policy
** All cancelations will be subject to a 10% service fee to cover credit card fees .**
The following terms of cancelation apply to all rentals:
We will do our best to transfer your booking if you have to cancel on short notice. If we find another customer, we will refund you 80 % of the rental costs. (less service fee)
Should the booking be cancelled due to hurricanes or other unexpected events, (ie. boat is mechanically down) – customers will receive a full refund.
Cancellation requests due to bad weather (with the exception of hurricanes) cannot be granted.
Note: Weather conditions are determined using NOAA and USCG weather information as well as other reliable sources to determine the conditions for the rental period. Scattered showers or scattered or possible passing storms are not necessarily considered conditions that constitute a need for re-booking or cancelation.
Should a passing shower or storm come up during your rental period we suggest you remain anchored (check your anchor and let out more line if anchor is adequately dug in) or stay moored if already moored. Seek shelter at a nearby dock or marina until the storm passes. If lightning, have all persons get out of the water.
Fees and Charges:
Customer acknowledges that Manatee Marine Rentals has their approval to charge this credit card for damages and fees resulting from their use of the boat and agrees to comply with all Manatee Marine Rentals Terms and Conditions and to pay any applicable fees and charges, included below:
• Any boats known to have been run aground with damage to the prop will be charged $275 mechanic fees for the removal of lower unit and inspection of water pump impeller. If impeller is damaged actual replacement part cost will be charged for replacement. (Propeller cost below)
• For damage to fiberglass, aluminum, cushions, cowlings, electronics, etc. you will be charged actual retail cost of parts plus $100 per hour for making repairs.
• A cleaning fee of $75 will be charged for bringing boat back excessively dirty. A little bit of sand and normal dirt is acceptable without a charge but if boat is brought back covered with dirt, sand, trash, food or fish blood and you do not wash it, you will be charged.
• Towing fee of $325 per hour daylight and $370 after sunset, if the reason is caused by customer.* (*Prices are for operating area, additional $250 fee for assistance outside set operating area)
If you damage or lose any of the items listed below your credit card will be charged. Prices are subject to change.
*Depending on damage there may be a charge of $100 per hour plus cost of parts to repair
Aluminum Anchor $135*
Fire Extinguisher $35
Anchor with chain and rope $225*
Throwable Flotation Device $25
Burn Marks or tears in upholstery $200*
Batteries $150 each*
Engine:Damage as assessed
Boarding Ladder $125-$350*
Dents: Damage Assesed
Excessive cleaning charges $75
Additional Terms and Agreements
RENTER/ OPERATOR Understands that navigation of the rental boat is confined to the waterways of the ICW, rental boat is not permitted in the Gulf of Mexico, these boundaries are the “Operating Area”. (unless otherwise stipulated in writing)
The RENTER/OPERATOR shall demonstrate to MMR LLC employee, a working knowledge of boat operations and boating safety along with significant experience in operating a boat. This is crucial to the safety of all boat occupants and other boaters in the area as well as the safety and security of the vessel being leased. MMR LLC reserve the right to refuse rental to anyone who does not meet this guidelines on the day of the rental.
RENTER/OPERATOR acknowledges that the boat is the rightful property of the OWNER, and further acknowledges that the boat is received in good and safe mechanical and seaworthy condition. RENTER agrees to return said boat together with all accessories and gear to the OWNER in the same condition as RENTER received it. MMR LLC employee with account for all on board equipment at time of delivery.
RENTER/OPERATOR agrees to pay to OWNER the cost of replacing lost equipment and the cost of repairing damages to, and caused by, the boat including parts, labor expenses of transporting said vessel or other property to and from point of repair, all towing charges, including, but not limited to all towing charges as a result of grounding or beaching of the boat, regular rental fee covering time said vessel is out of service as a result of damage, and any collection cost and / attorney fees necessary to secure reimbursement. RENTER/OPERATOR agrees to pay to the OWNER for all damages to the boat caused by beaching, hitting submerged obstructions, running aground or any other cause. The boat will be inspected before and after rental. If there is ANY damage the total cost will be determined by our certified mechanic and paid in full by RENTER.
RENTER/OPERATOR who signs to accept the terms of this Rental Agreement certifies that he or she is 35 years of age or over or has a boaters safety card. MORE INFO
RENTER/OPERATOR understands that they will be shown how to operate the boat safely and a summary of the boating laws, if they have not completed a boating safety course.
RENTER/OPERATOR agrees that the use of the boat by a number of persons greater than the number of life jackets or buoyant cushions provided (passengers under the age of 6 are required to wear a life jacket at all times), RENTER/OPERATOR agrees to operate the boat in a safe and legal manner as prescribed by all laws and regulations applicable to the area in which the boat is operated.
RENTER/OPERATOR agrees to and shall indemnify and hold harmless Manatee Marine Rentals, LLC ,its officers, agents, and employees, from and against any claims, losses, damages, causes of action, suits, and liability of every kind including all expenses of litigation, court costs, and attorney’s fees for injury to or death of RENTER or RENTER’s guest or invitee, or for damages to any property of RENTER or RENTER’s guests or invitees arising out of or in connection with obligations of Manatee Marine Rentals, LLC, under this contract, where such injuries, death or damages are caused by Manatee Marine Rentals, LLC’s sole negligence or the joint negligence of RENTER and any other person or entity.RENTER AND OPERATOR further agrees to and shall indemnify and hold harmless Manatee Marine Rentals LLC, its officers, agents, and employees, from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, causes of action, suits and liability of every kind related to environmental damage.
Customer agrees that Manatee Marine Rentals, LLC is authorized to charge a credit card for any and all damage, late fees or fines, which are stated by this agreement. Prices and fees are subject to change based on cost and pricing at the time of assessment.
We want to be as upfront as we can about any possible fees. Please reach out if you have any questions about the terms and conditions.